The sports industry has observed a paradigm shift over the decades. Thanks to the technology that had taken the sports from a dirt field to the high-tech arenas, from field training to the virtual training with stats, from the manual scoreboard updation to the electronic scoreboard and from cheering up the team from the stadium to the sports enjoyment from the comfort of living room.
If you are thinking to develop a mobile game, you will be delighted to learn that you have made a right decision. Mobile games are ruling the app stores. In 2015, Apple’s app store added 396,094 new games which is almost twice the number in 2013. This shows the supply of mobile games is increasing at a sky-rocketing speed.
However, not all games succeed in meeting their Bottomline. When it comes to profitable and successful mobile games, there are very few and Temple Run is certainly one of them. With more than 500,000,000 downloads, this 3D running game built by Imangi Studios is ruling the mobile gaming market. Seeing the immense success of many such games, the mobile games are now also used as a means of branding.
Certainly it is difficult for an app publisher to predict the productive lifespan of their mobile game when it is at pick in its performance chart for the app store. However, a recent study by App Annie has played its role to help all app owners figure out the actual lifespan of their mobile game – i.e. knowing how long the game will witness the same level of popularity amidst users.
In the research, the app data analytics company studied the download trends for mobile games all across the globe. They also found out the revenues generated by mobile games in both Apple and Google Play store between final quarter of 2010 and June 2015.
The study revealed that some games get quick hits. For example, about one third of iOS mobile games that reached the milestone of 1 million downloads have found meeting a smashing success within the first month of its launch. And half of these iOS gaming apps that won 10 million downloads in a year around timeframe witnessed slower growth then after.
According to the study, iOS gaming apps take average 98 days to reach 1 million downloads and 283 days to reach 10 million downloads. Whether you are a mobile game development company or an app publisher, if your goal is to hit 10 million download for your game then you have got about 6 months to do so.
Now talking about the game downloads in Google Play Store, it is revealed that a large number of apps hit 1 million download in average 3 month timeframe and games that reach 10 million downloads did so in average 6 month timeframe.
The results of the study reveal that iOS gaming apps hit million downloads earlier but then take longer to increase daily revenues. And hark mobile game development companies and publishers, the scenario is almost same in Google Play Store; games with over 10 million downloads take average 1 month to reach peak of downloads and those with over $10 million in ROI taking about 11 months to reach peak daily ROI.
The study also revealed that about 80 percent of iOS gaming apps that hit 1 million in ROI had productive lifespan of more than 1 year and those games that hit 1 million downloads also had lifecycle of over 1 year. The picture is almost similar for the android games too.
Going to hire game developers in India? Make sure the company you choose has an expert game development analytics team in house who can ensure your app reach the desired number of downloads and revenues in anticipated timeframe.
Through notifications, mobile game developers can provide users with most relevant and useful information in timely manner. If used correctly, notifications can help you, game developers India or mobile game development company, boost ongoing user engagement level, which eventually help draw in more new users to your gaming app.
Browse both Apple and Google’s app stores for top-most rated mobile games and you will find most of it are making efficient use of push notifications to increase engagement with game players. Notifications can be used to guide users between different stages or steps within the game, keep them updated with their current status, or help them manage their way when stuck.
Know how to efficiently use notifications into game development
Following are some proven tips and tricks shared by some top-notch game developers across the world on how to make the most of ‘notifications’.
• Make sure you first make users aware of your game and its playing guideline before you seek permission to push notifications.
• If a user is stuck somewhere while playing, send an actionable notification that stimulate him or her to go to the next view or exist app in hassle-free manner.
• If a user has successfully accomplished all gaming stages and yet returns to play it again after making an exist in a while, use notification.
• Use deep linking in game notifications to direct players to their next actionable spot within the app.
• Notification feature can also be leveraged for building an emotional connect with game players. For example, you can embrace the atmosphere, style or character of your game into notification to grab more engagement from player.
• It is recommended to divide all users into groups or different categories, so as to send notifications that are most relevant to them. Not all players are same!
• While developing notifications for your mobile game, it is vital to ensure that notifications don’t cause any interruption the players.
• Instead of pushing game notifications throughout day, which may back-fire your marketing strategy and annoy user, it makes a complete sense to select particular timeslots (based on some decent analytics and study), such as lunch break, early morning or before-bedtime hours, to send notifications.
Before launching your game, ensure your mobile game development company do thorough testing of each and every action and views within the app. You can test different notifications on own and determine which are best for your game users. Want to learn more about creating notifications on mobile games the right way? Find your mobile game development company in India.
Emergence of Smartphone has completely revolutionized the concept of mobile gaming. Mobile games today are no more limited to only afew levels, sub-standard animation and graphics, and ‘little’ excitement. Today, gamers want more. As a result, mobile game development in India is continuously evolving, bringing in newer and fresh ideas, thrilling storyline to engage, and unlimited fun. The mobile gaming market has seen significant changes and there are many more to come. Discussed here the emerging trends for mobile and iPhone game development that are expected to rule the market in years to come.
Global Multiplayer Gaming
Today, the conventional 3rd generation mobile games with typical AI players are rapidly getting outdated. Rather, Massive Multiplayer mobile game development is gaining prominence. With this emerging technology, which has already started shaping up in the mobile gaming market, players can play against other players around the world right with their mobile phone. Though there are only few global multiplayer mobile games today, the technology is expected to conquer the market in a few years.
3D Real-World Mobile Gaming Scenarios
Whether it is iPhone game development or any other platform, there are minimal resources and plenty of restrictions to develop a mobile game. CPU and memory constraints are among such limitations. However, the gaming industry has innovated 3D gaming, which will allow the developers to incorporate real world scenarios into mobile games. This, like PC games, will attract more users.
Promoting Movies and New Products through Mobile Games
Extensive advertisement and promotion is the buzzword today. The latest trend in mobile game development is promoting latest movie releases and new products via games. This way, the promotion will reach the right target audience since the number of mobile gamers is increasing at an exponential rate. Innovative games are developed either based on the story of the movie or popular characters. On the other hand, marketers are also finding innovative ways to introduce their newly launched products via mobile games. Although there are few games that are based on movies or new products, this trend is expected to catch up the market very soon.
Yes, It’s a fact that mobile games are redefining the advertising and marketing world of business. In earlier days, advertising companies used to believe that associating a brand or business with a mobile game only makes sense if that brand is one of those that gamers are already in intense love with such as Doritos.
However, today’s end users have come far from this stereotypical traits. According to a study, 4 out of 5 smartphone owner have reported they played a game on their mobile; 46 percent of them play mobile games almost every day! Here the gamers’ community include individuals of all different genders and age groups. It also includes individuals from different niches.
As revealed by eMarketer, out of 65% time we spent on mobile browsing, 32% is devoted to mobile game playing. All you need is a right mobile game development company and once built right, you can draw in a huge customer-base or advertising money for your business. In short, mobile games have redefined the ways brands or businesses communicate with the target audience.
Premium Publishers of the Mobile Era
With the inception of digital marketing, a term ‘Premium Publisher’ was coined to refer to brands that thrive great visibility, customer base and known to deliver best relevant onsite content. The definition may still be valid for desktop advertising model, but it may not be true for mobile advertising niche.
There are many publishers who are meeting the above requirements on desktop web presence but they may not be delivering same level of performance on the mobile market. This is how, mobile apps can bring in equal opportunity to advertisers of all sizes.
Mobile games from renowned developers like Rovio, Ketchapp and Zynga are a few examples of premium publishers. What’s more, in-app advertising in mobile games have seem to boost users’ purchase intent by 24%, increase brand rating by 32% and improve brand recommendation by 23%. Further, 82% of mobile users notice ads while gaming or browsing other apps, says Google.
Today, user intent is the most important factor that needs to be taken into account, regardless if a user is checking a lifestyle app or playing a mobile game. Mobile game advertising, when used right levering the power of latest technology, can considerably increase click-through rates for your brand.
Get your own GAME ready!
Mobile game development can help boost your engagement rate with targeted niche through in-app advertising. You can place your ad before, between or after the game. Want to learn more how mobile game can add value to your advertising efforts? Find a mobile game development Specialist today!
Gone are the days when mobile phones would have simple snake games with the sole purpose of entertaining the users. Today, they serve greater and more important purposes. No wonder that mobile game development is now an independent industry with huge worth, which keeps on growing every year. To cash on their growing popularity, people are making some desperate investments in mobile games. If you didn’t take it seriously yet, you might after relating to one of the top purposes described below.
Mobile Games are Great Marketing Platforms
Nobody would think of it few years back, but mobile games today are at par with some of the most competent marketing mediums. Mobile marketing is already creating buzz and mobile games participate extensively in this direction. If you own a business, you may hire game developers India and get a mobile game developed. Follow it by including banner and display ads about your products and services. Once the game acquires popularity among your audiences, your business ads shall not go unnoticed.
Develop Them, Sell Them
Another good idea is to get a gaming app developed and sell them. Apart from fixing a download price, you may further monetize them in a number of different ways. First, you may ask your mobile game development company to build a ‘freemium’ model, keeping the initial version free and charging for its advanced levels. Second, you may encourage in-app purchases, allowing players to buy ‘special’ tools, keys to proceed further. Each of these strategies builds addition revenue streams.
Similar to the websites and blogs, mobile games can be your real estate to earn money. Invest in mobile game development to get a unique game developed and offer them as marketing platforms to the businesses. For this, it is important that you hire an experienced mobile game development company to create an exclusive game which attains instant popularity with the mobile gamers. Another good idea, similar to ad exchange, is cross marketing using the games. By doing so, you can exchange your clients’ ads with those of some other gamers.
Reputed game developers India tag mobile games as a wonderful marketplace capable of generating multiple income sources. If you have been thinking of making decent profits, it is the current hot trend to step into.
It is globally known that mobile games are getting the highest number of downloads in the app stores. This is inspiring more and more mobile app development companies and freelance developers to develop mobile games. This post shares 8 most useful tips for the beginners to mobile game development. Read on.
• Greenhorns should begin with 2D games – While it’s a fact that users find 3D games more attractive these days, they demand more experience and expertise in development. So, newbies into mobile game app development are better off to start with 2D games first.
• Choose the development platform wisely – Instead of relying solely on the market trend or blinding adhering to your rival’s choices, it makes sense to explore all options in terms of development platforms on own. Some of the most trending mobile game platforms include Android, iOS and Windows. If you are a business who want to harness from the immense popularity of mobile games, resort to a reputable and proficient mobile game development company to help you select the best game development platform in line with your business needs.
• Know who you build it for – Let’s be honest! Not every age group will love your app the same way. So it is wise to know your target audience before you begin with the coding and design part of the game.
• Keep things easy – Game users aren’t going to spend time learning new features of your app. Thus, it is vital to put things in a way they find easy to learn and play.
• Content still matters – Some game developers India focus on the design and functioning part of the app while overlook on the importance of content. But in reality, compelling content can make a huge difference into the number of downloads.
• Explore the most trending genres – It’s isn’t that difficult though! You can simply do market research to see what genres of game apps are most popular these days.
• Keep users engaged – Two golden rules to follow – first is your game should have a good number of levels that users can continue playing for longer timespan and game has to embrace a mission or goal that clearly reflects to its users. An aimless game is most likely to bore users.
• Don’t get stuck with post-launch bugs – Instead of getting furious, accept the flaws though they can be rare to see if you find the expert mobile game developers India to work for your project. However, what is even more important is to stay connected with the users and fix bugs immediately as revealed to ensure quality customer service.
While there is no standard equation to succeed in mobile game development, considering the above tips will help you make it game-changer.
Mobiles are a handy device, so any app you download into can be accessed anywhere anytime. And this holds true for mobile gaming apps as well – you can get fun and entertain yourself anytime anyplace. The tremendous growth of mobile games industry has contributed to the establishment of a huge number of professional mobile game development companies worldwide.
Mobile gaming application may either run directly on the phone’s software or they may leverage other technologies such as SMS, MMS and GPS. Some game apps are embedded into the phone and some are available for download (some are free and some are paid) on online app stores or portals.
Thanks to the rapid advancement in the mobile technology and hardware, today mobile game developers are able to deliver same level of user experience as found with latest gaming consoles. Some mobile manufacturers have also started manufacturing phones with in-built features of a gaming console, and believe me such phones are in rage amongst young generation.
The run-after trends in the global world of mobile gaming
It’s a dynamic and huge market! Certainly one player games are still in demand but the market is growing fast for multi-player and 3D mobile games. Below are some hottest trends in the mobile game development industry.
• Location based games : These games offer location specific services targeting local users. Example – treasure hunt, adventure games, etc.
• Cross platform games: such games can run on multiple platforms; one can play it on a mobile phone or as a console game.
• Online games : Such games let multiple game users come and play together using a mobile internet service. Example – strategy games
• Community games : These games are often played through social networking platforms, where gamers can relish into the delights of social communications as well.
• Serious games: Well don’t get too serious first! These category includes mobile games built with purpose of education and learning. Example – health and nutrition based games.
• Gambling games: As its name suggests, users can play gambling games in their mobile phones.
• Advergaming apps : Such games are mainly developed for marketing and advertising purposes. So, here games are customized for a particular brand, product or service.
Am I not missing on any category?
Key challenges for mobile game developers
While the mobile game development industry is evolving too fast, the game developers are witnessing some challenges as mentioned below.
• Ease of access : It is challenging for developers to make their gaming apps easy to access for a global audience. However, this concern is address by the ‘download’ feature of the app stores.
• Piracy : Gaming app owners need to explore different ways of making users pay for the content they use without compromising on the accessibility of the app.
• Technical hurdles: Game developers have many technical challenges such as restricted phone resources, latency problems, data traffic pricing and portability.
• Non-technical hurdles: Tracing the fast changing and diverse needs of end users, and meeting the needs of many stakeholders are a tedious job.
The fast increasing mobile users all across the world are fueling the mobile game development industry and so as the demand of game developers in India.
Prismetric Technologies is one of the premier mobile app development companies for Android and iOS.