Browse both Apple and Google’s app stores for top-most rated mobile games and you will find most of it are making efficient use of push notifications to increase engagement with game players. Notifications can be used to guide users between different stages or steps within the game, keep them updated with their current status, or help them manage their way when stuck.
Know how to efficiently use notifications into game development
Following are some proven tips and tricks shared by some top-notch game developers across the world on how to make the most of ‘notifications’.
• Make sure you first make users aware of your game and its playing guideline before you seek permission to push notifications.
• If a user is stuck somewhere while playing, send an actionable notification that stimulate him or her to go to the next view or exist app in hassle-free manner.
• If a user has successfully accomplished all gaming stages and yet returns to play it again after making an exist in a while, use notification.
• Use deep linking in game notifications to direct players to their next actionable spot within the app.
• Notification feature can also be leveraged for building an emotional connect with game players. For example, you can embrace the atmosphere, style or character of your game into notification to grab more engagement from player.
• It is recommended to divide all users into groups or different categories, so as to send notifications that are most relevant to them. Not all players are same!
• While developing notifications for your mobile game, it is vital to ensure that notifications don’t cause any interruption the players.
• Instead of pushing game notifications throughout day, which may back-fire your marketing strategy and annoy user, it makes a complete sense to select particular timeslots (based on some decent analytics and study), such as lunch break, early morning or before-bedtime hours, to send notifications.
Before launching your game, ensure your mobile game development company do thorough testing of each and every action and views within the app. You can test different notifications on own and determine which are best for your game users. Want to learn more about creating notifications on mobile games the right way? Find your mobile game development company in India.