When you incorporate more than one smart device in a house, you can easily convert it to a smart house. You can operate a smart house using only your smartphone. Some examples of the smart devices include,
- Smart lighting: Detects presence or absence of moving object and turns on/off accordingly.
- Voice Assistants: Help in carrying out several functions in the house using voice commands. You can perform tasks like turn down lighting or turn off the gas by voice commands.
- Smart Robots: These robots serve as personal butlers to carry articles around the house.
Medicine and Healthcare
The hospital industry is one of the major sectors that are revolutionized by the advent of smart IoT technology and wearables adding to the era of quantified self. With advancing biomedical and bioengineering fields, it is possible to maintain human health more efficiently thereby reducing the number of annual fatalities. Some examples of how the medicine and healthcare industry is affected include;
- Advanced Nanotechnology: Engineers and doctors are working in sync to develop nanotech robots that are injected into the human body for early stage diagnosing of several fatal diseases. These micro-robots can warn the person about an onset of a disease as well as deliver drugs/medicines directly to the targeted areas.
- Surgery Robotics: Advanced robotics can conduct expert-level surgery at high-efficiency rates and low costs.
- Activity Monitors: When inserted in a smart watch, can track the activity/diet as well as calorie intake of a person to suggest the necessary workout for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Smart Industries and Automation
Companies like Google and Tesla are already working on making the production and industrial sector more efficient by incorporating machines capable of carrying out tasks like welding, bolting, assembling, etc. With the smart industries in place, it is possible for the industrial plants to work in a cost as well as time efficient manner. Some industries that are responsible for adopting automation at a wide scale include,
- Automotive and Aerospace Sector
- Food Production and Agricultural Sector
- Civil construction industry, etc.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The exceeding usage of Artificial Intelligence directly powers the smart technology. Technocrats like Mark Zuckerberg (CEO and co-founder of Facebook), Bill Gates (CEO and founder of Microsoft) are working towards developing open source AI platforms that help in the inter-connectivity of smart devices, hence the IoT.
Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity) recently founded a new company, Neuralink that is responsible for creating modules that connects the human brain with the AI technology. The implementation of AI in the IoT field will help the humans to interact with machines more efficiently.
Automobiles and Logistics
There is an ocean of changes in automobile industry with the smart mobile technologies coming into the game. Companies like Tesla and Google are working on developing smart vehicles that can drive by themselves requiring minimal human interaction.
- Using the basic concepts of IoT, you can connect your vehicle to the Internet, which in turn connects to several GPS (Global Positioning Satellites) as well as other vehicles.
- Using the smart guidance systems, your vehicle can now assess its nearby surroundings helping in creating safer roads with minimal traffic congestion.
- Tesla even plans on launching self-driven commercial trucks that will change the logistics sector forever, thereby reducing costs and making environment-friendly vehicles.
Environment Monitoring Systems
Global warming and carbon emission are raising concerns for humans since the rise of the industrial sectors are making the air almost unbreathable and the ground barren. With IoT in place, it is possible to keep track of pollution carried out by several industries and vehicles.
- Smart meteorological satellites inform the people about the long-term and short-term weather conditions for their residential areas.
- PUC (Pollution Under Control) is a good way of tracking the vehicle emission thereby allowing the government to levy a carbon tax on the vehicle owner.
- Smart means of renewable energy generation from companies like SolarCity will help in reducing the world’s reliance on the conventional means of fossil fuel-based energy sources.
The creation of a smart city seems possible by the implementation of two or more of the technologies mentioned above using IoT. Several smart homes, vehicles, hospitals as well as sustainable means of generation of energy have come together to make a survivable ecosystem that is both good for humans as well as the environment.
The only way humans will survive the current trend of environmental decay and world energy crisis is by adopting smarter means of IoT and sustainable energy development.
Developing the IoT technology is turning out be a revolution not just improving the lifestyle but also providing ample of opportunities to avail vital stats and add more to the quality of life. Improving automation and reaching out to people with most streamlined means of the patter of the usage of the devices. The technology can also be used extensively to improve the quality of marketing and improve the conversion rate.